If you have landed on this article, you might be wondering: "Why should I teach online?" That's a perfectly reasonable question! After all, how many people do you know who teach online? You are more likely to know someone who teaches at a school than you are to know an online teacher. In this short article, we will discuss all the benefits of teaching online. We will also show you how you can start sharing your knowledge with passionate students, too!
What Is Online Teaching?
If you are still confused about what is online teaching, don't fret. It's actually a very simple concept! Do you remember the classes you used to attend (or still attend!) in high school or even university? That is known as "traditional teaching." In short, you would go to a building (a school or university) to have classes in person. There would be a teacher in the room to answer all your questions and help you understand new material.
Nowadays, however, thanks to the spread of the Internet, traditional teaching is being replaced by something really interesting called online teaching. Instead of you having to go to a school every day, you can learn from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a stable internet connection and a passion for learning new things!
Just like with traditional teaching, online tutoring works much in the same way. You pick out a teacher who will help you get through all the barriers that come in the way of learning and they will teach you new material. This is such a useful way of learning — and it is also great for the tutor!
Advantages of Teaching Online
There are a lot of online companies hiring tutors to teach students from all over the world. While they all have things in common, some websites are better than others. Today, we will be focusing on online teaching platforms such as ours. Soon, you will see why so many people want to work this way!
- Flexibility... Teaching children and adults online allows you to set your own schedule. If you want to work in the afternoon, you can. If you're more interested in working during the weekends, that is not a problem either! In the end, you are your own boss.
- Set your own rates! Why take a salary position when you can set how much you charge your students yourself? Evaluate your skills, your work experience, and what other tutors are charging. Then, you can set a price for yourself that you deem fair.
- Work from home — no more commuting or office work. Is there anyone who loves working in an office all day? The greatest thing about websites such as LearnEasy24 is that you can work from home. Set up a good environment in your bedroom or in a spare room and start teaching!
- Meet people from all over the world! Traveling offers many people the chance to make friends from all over the world. When you are an online tutor, you will be in constant contact with people who don't live in your country. Therefore, this is a great chance for you to teach students your culture, as well as learn what life is like in other countries.
- Share your passion and knowledge with students who are interested! The best thing any tutor can ask for is a dedicated and curious student. They are such a pleasure to work with! People who take online lessons are much more likely to be interested in what you have to teach them. Therefore, we are sure you will have fun sharing your knowledge and passion with them.
- Teach whatever you want! While in your area there might not be a lot of interest or demand for tutors of a specific subject, the same can't be said about the online market. There is almost certainly someone who wants to learn exactly what you have to teach them. Be it a language or a specific academic subject, there is bound to be someone in the world who is interested in learning it!
How Can I Teach Online?
Do you have a stable internet connection? What about a working web camera or smartphone with a camera? What about a working microphone (for example the one built into your earplugs)? If you answered yes to all these questions, you can certainly become a tutor online!
The first thing you need to do is find out what you want to teach. Are you looking forward to teaching someone your mother tongue? Or are you maybe really good at math and want to help struggling students out? Once you find out what to teach, you will be set and ready to find students.
The easiest way you can find students is by creating a profile on an online tutoring platform. Lucky for you, we are now looking for new teachers, experienced or new to the business! Signing up with LearnEasy24 is incredibly easy — it won't take you more than 10 minutes, tops. Just follow these steps:
- Register as a tutor on our homepage
- Fill out all the mandatory fields (they are marked by an asterisk)
- Upload your documents (you don't need to have a teaching certificate, though!)
- Validate your email
- Book a 10-minute interview with our team where they will ask you questions, as well as answer yours!
- Note: You can find the instructions on how to book an interview on the welcome email, which you receive as soon as you validate your email address.
All in all, teaching online is a lot of fun! From job flexibility to meeting new, interesting people, there are so many perks to becoming an online tutor. The question is not "Why become a teacher online?" but rather "Why not become an online tutor?" Plus, with LearnEasy24 live and receiving students now, you have no excuse not to give it a shot!
If you have any further questions, please send them to email@example.com